At any point during a projects lifecycle, a participating company can request an offline copy of all of the information in the project where a member of their company has been addressed. RIB refer to this as requesting an Export.
Prior to processing quarterly billing, the RIB Account Manager will seek confirmation as to which projects are complete and are no longer required for ongoing processing.
When the RIB Account Manager has confirmation that a project is to be closed, it is then moved into an the Archiving Phase and participants will be offered or can request Exports of their companies project data.
The Archive Phase
This is a read-only phase, allowing access to your project, but no new data is able to be created. This phase will remain until the export is supplied to your project. The data is as it was while your project was live (in Construction), although no communicative documents can be initiated, and no documents can be uploaded. The project will remain in the Archive phase during the creation of all requested data Exports (see below for information on Exports).
The Export process
When Construction/Defects phase is completed and the project is placed into Archive Phase, an Export of all the data your Company had access to online will be available i.e. all documents that anyone from your company was named on throughout the life of the project. Exports are also made available to any other Companies associated with your project, although their data will be restricted to their own company.
The data will be supplied via an appropriate media format, which, depending on the amount and type of data will either be a USB, DVD, BluRay disc, or External Pocket Drive (2.5” HD). The data will be encrypted and sent in an Australian Post Express Postbag. RIB Software will issue a secure password that will be emailed to you separately.
What Data is included in an export:
- Forms - This can be a Request for Information, a Defect, a Claim, a Transmittal or a Workflow Transmittal. The backup client downloads any of these forms that you can access online in iTWOcx in PDF format that looks the same as if you were to print the form online. It also downloads any attachments for these forms in their native file format. (XLS, DOCX, PDF, JPG etc.)
- Drawings - From the Document Register within iTWOcx. For every document in the drawing register that you have access to, it will download each revision of that document which you have access to and store it in a folder structure that matches the structure online in iTWOcx.
- Tenders - Package Summary, Latest Set of Drawings, History, Questions & Submissions are all included, as well as an export of the Tender Database in excel format.
- Contacts - All project contacts, including external users are downloaded as an excel file with all their details.
- Saved Searches - Any searches accessible to the user are included as an excel file
- BIM Models - The latest revision of the CpiXML files are downloaded into the folder structure, and all links are stored in the database. When using the Export UI, the 3D model can be viewed, with all the links to forms within the project accessible
What does an Export look like?
When you receive your export, you will receive a separate email with a password to unencrypt the files.
After extracting the files you will be able to browse the folder structure and access the files they contain.
RIB provide an Export User Interface that can be launched via a double click. This user interface provides a powerful search tool that user MSSQL Express. Users can also add and remove columns and use column filtering. This is to assist with managing, filtering and locating specific records. Below are examples of the Export User Interface:
What are the costs related to receiving an Export?
The administration fees associated with receiving an Export are to cover the costs of:
- extraction of data from our servers
- compilation of data and production of Export
- Quality Assurance
- relevant media format (USB, DVD, BluRay disc or External Pocket Drive)
- postage and handling
What if you choose not to proceed with an Export during the Project Closure Process?
Should an export not be ordered during the Archive phase but be required in the future after the project has been closed, the project data will need to be re-compiled from our servers. This process demands a significant investment of time and resources, and would subsequently be associated with a more substantial fee versus ordering an Export during the Project Closure Process.
The Closed Phase
The phase will change from “Archive” to “Closed” once the exports are produced. The project and its associated data will not be accessible once this phase change occurs, and users will be unable to log in to the project. Therefore, if an auditable, legal record of the project’s history is required, it is recommended an Export of the data is obtained.
How do I order an Export?
To order an export you can contact us on support via the help page (please follow the link for details) or you can contact your RIB Account Manager